£60m Frenchman a brand new target at Old Trafford


Manchester United have sounded out a move for brand new target Moussa Diaby but completing a deal for the Bayer Leverkusen star before the deadline is a long shot, according to transfer insider Dean Jones.

Erik ten Hag has overseen a disappointing transfer window and a poor start to the Premier League season but can still strengthen ahead of September 1.

What is the latest news on Diaby?

The 23-year-old has been a player in demand this summer. Newcastle United were understood to be strongly interested in the player but grew frustrated with Leverkusen’s £60 million asking price.

Arsenal have also been linked with Diaby this summer with owner Stan Kroenke reportedly green lighting a bid for the France international.

United had been yet to be mentioned with a move for the £48,000 per-week ace, but the Red Devils’ top targets do still appear to be Antony of Ajax and PSV Eindhoven’s Cody Gakpo.

Earlier this summer, Bayer Leverkusen director Simon Rolfes came out with a strong statement in an attempt to scare off any potential suitors.

When asked by whether there had been any offers for Diaby, Rolfes replied. “No, no. For sure we want to keep Moussa for as long as possible.”

What has Jones said on a potential move for Diaby?

Jones understands that United have weighed up a move for the player this summer, as they look to strengthen their attacking options.

However, he re-emphasised that prising him away from Leverkusen would be a tough ask.

Jones told GIVEMESPORT: “They have sounded out Moussa Diaby but Bayer Leverkusen seem pretty set on the fact he won’t be leaving.”

What have United been up to this summer?

It has been a slow transfer window for the Red Devils so far.

First, Tyrell Malacia made the move to the North West after a £14 million fee was agreed with Feyenoord.

He was followed by free-agent Christian Eriksen, who opted to switch to Old Trafford after his contract with Brentford expired at the end of last season.

Lisandro Martinez was snapped up for a whopping £56.7 million, only to receive a raft of criticism following his opening appearances.

This week finally saw a fourth transfer completed when defensive midfielder Casemiro made the move from Champions League winners Real Madrid.

But there remains work to do. With Cristiano Ronaldo asking to leave Old Trafford this summer, attacking recruits remain a priority.

Brentford striker Ivan Toney is the latest name to be linked with a transfer and it will be interesting to see who arrives before the deadline.

News Now – Sport News





Source link

You May Also Like