Man Utd go to extreme lengths with transfer approach as £12m agreement reached


Signing a new midfielder will be the first order of business for Manchester United in the summer and the wheels are already in motion as Ralf Rangnick does his due diligence

poster
Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Rangnick impressed by how Varane has settled at Man Utd

Manchester United have a new approach for their summer transfer window after the club failed to make any signings in January.

The Old Trafford club are in desperate need of reinforcements in the middle of the park, an area that has been exposed all season long.

It’s something that was recognised last summer but United have gone two windows without addressing it.

It was expected Ralf Rangnick would have made his first signing as United boss in the winter window but the club’s focus was in the other direction as they trimmed the squad by getting rid of several players.

Signing a new midfielder will be the first order of business in the summer, however, and the wheels are already in motion as United do their due diligence from now until the end of the season.







Ralf Rangnick speaking at a press conference on Monday
(

Image:

Twitter@footballdaily)

Should Manchester United have signed a midfielder in January? Comment below

The Red Devils will reportedly cast the net wide in an extreme approach to leave no stone unturned. They will have an initial list of 15 targets which will then be cut down to 10, before finally deciding on a three-man shortlist where negotiations with clubs and representatives will begin, according to ESPN.

United’s plan will get underway before a permanent manager is appointed, while the report also says Declan Rice, Kalvin Phillips and Amadou Hiadara are all being considered.

And whilst incomings are on the cards, United have also come to an agreement with Flamengo to make Andreas Pereira’s loan move permanent.

They will receive £12million plus bonuses for 75% of the player’s rights, claims Brazilian outlet TNT Sports, in a move which will boost their summer transfer kitty.

Meanwhile, manager Rangnick was speaking on Monday ahead of United’s fixture with Burnley and insists there are no issues between him and Jesse Lingard after his move to Newcastle on deadline day fell through.

Rangnick said last week Lingard had asked for time off to “clear his mind”, with the player later stating that it was the club who had advised him to take a break.

But the German insists the pair have a good relationship and the playmaker will be integrated back into the squad for the Premier League clash against Burnley on Tuesday.

“With regard to Jesse, I have a very good relationship with him.







Jesse Lingard was not allowed to leave Manchester United by manager Ralf Rangnick
(

Image:

REUTERS)

“He knows I would have been willing to let him go [to Newcastle] at least until the issue with Mason [Greenwood] came up.

“There are no problems whatsoever between myself and Jesse and vice versa. “I’m very happy to have him in the squad and he’ll be in the squad for tomorrow night’s game.”

Edinson Cavani should also be available after he was granted extra time off at home in Uruguay, while Raphael Varane is fully fit despite coming off early against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup defeat on Friday night.

“He seems to be physically fit, has no issues anymore with injuries,” Rangnick said.

“Up until he was substituted [against Middlesbrough] he did extremely well with Harry [Maguire]. I’m very happy to have him for tomorrow’s game, hopefully, we can have him in the same form for the upcoming games.”

Read More

Read More





Source link

You May Also Like