Erling Haaland is expecting an offer from Man City as Man Utd pull out of the race, while Cristiano Ronaldo is holding ‘crisis talks’ with his agent…
HAALAND PREDICTS MAN CITY OFFER
Erling Haaland has “assumed” there will be an offer from Man City for his services this summer, according to Marca journalist Mario Cortegana, after Man Utd pulled out of the race to sign him.
Haaland is expected to leave Borussia Dortmund in the summer transfer window with the top clubs in Europe looking to trigger his reported €75m release clause, which comes into play at the end of the season.
The Norway international has scored 17 goals in 19 matches in all competitions this campaign for the Bundesliga outfit, taking his total to 76 goals in 76 matches for Dortmund. That goalscoring record has seen clubs falling over themselves to sign the striker with reports that the race is now just down to Real Madrid and Premier League champions City.
The Daily Star claimed on Friday that Man Utd had pulled out of the race to sign Haaland and Marca‘s Cortegana insists that Haaland “prefers to go to Real Madrid”.
“Haaland has not made a definitive decision yet,” Cortegana said. “The player prefers to go to Real Madrid, as he has told various people close to him.
“Haaland has told people in his entourage that he is very attracted by the possibility of Real Madrid, its grandeur, the premiere of the completely remodelled stadium at Christmas 2022.
“Haaland has commented on the departures to FC Barcelona and the Premier League, too. He has assumed that he has the Premier League giants after him, and Guardiola’s team (Manchester City) are looking for a striker.
“Real Madrid approach this situation with the intention of trying, but also with pessimism. With the club-states, it is much more difficult to compete, but Real Madrid will certainly try, as they did last year when Chelsea’s approaches came out, which were real.”
“They know that Mino Raiola is going to open an auction for Haaland; that’s why the player doesn’t know yet what he’s going to do and doesn’t have an agreement with anyone.”
RONALDO ‘VERY CONCERNED’ ABOUT MAN UTD
Cristiano Ronaldo has discussed his future at Man Utd in ‘crisis talks’ with his agent Jorge Mendes, according to a report in The Sun.
The Portugal international ‘fears his dream return to Old Trafford is in danger of ending in disaster’ and is ‘disillusioned with interim manager Ralf Rangnick’s tactics and style of football’.
Results have been okay under Rangnick in the Premier League with ten points from a possible 15 but the performances have particuarly concerned fans and players too.
A source ‘close to Ronaldo’ told The Sun: “Cristiano is very concerned about what is happening at United. The team is receiving a lot of criticism and he knows he is regarded as one of the leaders. There are quite a lot of problems and Cristiano is feeling the pressure and is very stressed by the situation.
“He desperately wants his United move to be a success, but he is starting to recognise that winning trophies with the current set up could be a real struggle.
“Jorge came to see him and they spent time chatting through how things are going, what they think are the problems, how they might be solved and what the solutions may be. Nothing has been ruled out.”
AND THE REST…
Man Utd midfielder Bruno Fernandes will become Barcelona’s top target if they fail to sign Haaland in the summer…Alvaro Morata is set to cut short his loan deal with Juventus so he can join Barcelona, but manager Massimiliano Allegri is refusing to let the 29-year-old go before he signs a replacement…Lazio are interested in Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga but the 27-year-old’s £170,000-a-week wages are a stumbling block…Marseille defender Boubacar Kamara wants a £150,000-a-week deal from his next club after West Ham joined Newcastle in the fight to sign the Frenchman…Barcelona will target Wolves winger Adama Traore, if Ousmane Dembele decides against renewing his contract with the La Liga side.